Brazil: How Did we Get to Here?
This event is formed of two sessions, co-hosted by the Building Integrity Programme.
SESSION 1: REFLECTIONS ON THE GENERAL ELECTIONS
In this session, panellists will consider the current political momentum in Brazil and give their views on the present situation.
In the room:
- Timothy Power, Professor of Latin American Politics, University of Oxford
And we will be joined remotely from Brazil by:
- Maria Herminia Tavares de Almeida, Professor, University of Sao Paulo of International Relations and Political Science
- Felipe Rigoni, Blavatnik School MPP alumnus and a Federal Congressman (elect) for the State of Espirito Santo
- Tabata Amaral, a young social activist and a Federal Congresswoman (elect) for the State of São Paulo
SESSION 2: RESEARCH TALKS: A LOCAL GOVERNMENT PERSPECTIVE
In this session, researchers will present their technical research papers, critically discuss the methodologies adopted and propose forms of collaboration.
- Andreza de Souza Santos, Departmental Lecturer, Latin America Centre, University of Oxford
- André de Aquino, Associate Professor, University of São Paulo; and visiting researcher, University of Birmingham
- André Feliciano Lino, PhD candidate, University of São Paulo and the University of Birmingham